NOW HIRING - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Northeast Nebraska Resource Conservation & Development (RC&D) Council Inc. is a small non-profit serving six rural counties in northeast Nebraska. Volunteer board members work with staff on projects that will conserve and develop the natural, human and financial resources of the area.
Description of role:
The Executive Director will assist the Council in carrying out the goals and objectives addressed in the Northeast Nebraska RC&D Area Plan. The position will be non-routine in nature and the incumbent will be required to work with many complex and diverse partner clientele and programs. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks.
* Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients
* Prepare internal and external corporate documents for team members and partners
* Assist with developing, updating, and implementing the multi-year Northeast Nebraska RC&D Council Area Strategic Plan through:
o Identification of problems affecting the current goals, objectives and strategies
o Establishment and maintenance of goals, objectives, and strategies
o Development of project plans that become components of the Councils Annual Plan of Work
o Implementation of project plans contained in the Annual Plan of Work
* Work with the Executive Committee and Staff in a team concept to develop and implement ways to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of the products and/or services provided to internal and external customers
* Schedule Council meetings, committee meetings, and assist project-related groups
* Assist and provide leadership to the Executive Committee and Financial Manager for the management of the RC&D Council’s business operations
* Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
* Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele
Skills and requirements:
* Advanced Microsoft Office and QuickBooks skills
* Non-profit experience and working with a Board of Directors is desirable
* Experience with grant writing and a good understanding of grants administration is desirable with record keeping and fund management
* Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
* Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with good multi-tasking abilities
* Exceptional interpersonal skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including effective public relations skills
* Friendly and professional demeanor
* A valid Nebraska driver’s license and access to his/her use of a personal vehicle. Must provide proof of automobile insurance naming Northeast Nebraska RC&D as an insured.
Part-time position not to exceed 24 hours per week which may include some evenings or weekends required. Actual work hours are left to the discretion of the incumbent. A record of hours worked will be kept on file.
Four weeks on-the-job training
$15 - $20/hour based on experience and qualifications. Paid monthly.
Contact the Northeast Nebraska RC&D Office at 402-582-4866 and ask for Jan. Or e-mail at email@example.com.